How reusable water bottles became the new tote bag

From Love Island to Glastonbury, millennials are driving the trend for reusable bottles far beyond the gym this summer.

blog.8.17.17.1567  blog.8.17.17.2000  blog.8.17.17.1200

Looking for 2017’s answer to the status symbol? Try the water bottle. Yes, a reusable water bottle that you can fill, drink from and use again is the alpha accessory of now. Think of it as the new tote bag: an instant way to signpost that you’re environmentally conscious, while also adding a Insta-friendly fashion statement to your everyday look. It says: “I know *sadface* that by 2050 the amount of plastic will equal the number of fish in the ocean but, hey, I still need to get my two litres of water a day to stay hydrated, k?”

The water bottle has been spotted far beyond the gym this summer – at Glastonbury, where it may well have contained something other than water, and round the pool in the Love Island villa, where contestants had water bottles with their names on. (These were available to buy on the TV show’s app,  for £15, with your own name scrawled on the side.) There are currently more than 300,000 post on Instagram with #waterbottle. Celebrities including Gisele Bündchen, Emily Ratajkowski and Reese Witherspoon tout water bottles by Bkr, Bobble and S’well, and Glamour magazine has declared that the answer to “Still or sparkling?” is now “Tap”.

Read More

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s